Saints Mary’s HC goes with Hudl
Saint Mary’s Hockey Club has been the successful recipient of a Department of Tourism and Culture Grassroots Sport and Recreation Development Program grant worth $5000. The grant will focus on the analysis of athletic technique for coaching purposes allowing us to purchase Hudl and Sportscode Software and the required hardware. SMHC committee is excited and can’t wait for our juniors, seniors, parents and volunteers to work together on this initiative.
Quality coaching contributes to a successful club.
In order to provide quality coaching the club would like to provide coaches with contemporary tools/resources.
Video analysis is used frequently at national hockey championships and intermittently in local competition. Video analysis is a toll which can:
- – review players performances and provide valuable feedback to adjust style of play/skills/technique or identify opportunities and potential areas for improvement
- – analyses opposition play as part of match preparation
- – teach players about positioning
- – highlight strategical game plans
- – teach players/parents about game rules
- – umpiring styles
The intent behind this initiative is to video all senior games followed by deconstruction sessions based on the coded footage which players and parents (if applicable) will be invited to attend. SMHC also intends on extending our volunteer base by involving them in this process. This is yet another opportunity for SMHC to promote high standards and being a professionally run sports club.